Sunday, July 15, 2012

Here We Go Again!

"I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth, then I ask myself the same question"
- Harun Yahya

Although I never researched the context of the above quote, I still find it is a rather fitting introduction to this installment of Travel Scars.

While my previous trip was initiated by the World Cup of soccer in South Africa, this current voyage came purely from desire and opportunity.

My trip starts off in the country where my last one left off, that being Egypt. A lot has happened since I was there a mere year-and-a-half ago: a revolution, the election of their first democratically elected president, and the dissolution of the parliament by the very group the revolution set out to remove from power.

The political climate isn't the only thing that has changed since my last trip. My new partner in crime is Joshua Bridges. A friend whose personality compliments my own, and our dynamic will surely lead to some incredible experiences and possibly hilarious situations.

The premise of our trip is simple: there is no plan. No definite time frame; no determined route or destinations; and most importantly, no limitations whatsoever.

What we do know, however, is that we plan on spending a few months in the Middle East and then making our way to the Far East. Other than that vague outline, spontaneity and impulse will be our guide.

So once again, I invite you all to follow Josh and my adventure throughout the Middle East, Asia, and beyond, in all it's candid and unplanned glory!

I hope you enjoy it!

First stop: Cairo.

1 comment:

  1. In response to your beginning quote: "because some ppl don't have Canadian passports." :)

    ReplyDelete